Saturday 1 February 2014

Lovely Lemons

This week I went to a car boot sale to see what I could find. I haven't had much luck recently, as everything that has appealed to me hasn't been my size or has too much damage to repair. However, this time I hit the jackpot.

I found this beautiful 1950's Charles Creed matching skirt and jacket, which is in perfect condition and goes so well with my skin tone. Charles Creed was a successful British fashion designer in the 1920's-60's, who's mature style was influenced by the military and male tailoring. I am not sure how much it would have cost originally, but similar items on eBay go for £70. And I got mine for £5! It is a sample piece but you couldn't tell. It's brilliant quality and the lovely light lemon colour is stunning.
\





Getting your yellows right is tricky, but it is a great spring colour that I think can really brighten up an outfit. It is true that, unfortunately, it doesn't suit everyone. For very pale people, wearing a pale yellow will wash you out so is not a great idea. And bright yellows don't tend to suit blonde people, but there are exceptions. However in most cases there is a yellow tone that is perfect for your skin colour, and it's just a case of trying on different shades to see which one suits you best.

I am so pleased with this purchase, I honestly couldn't be happier. I am going to team the jacket and skirt with an orange top because I love the oranges and lemons look. Just need it to get a bit warmer so I don't have to wear it with tights!

Pocky x


No comments:

Post a Comment